Minimum Education Level: University Degree
Vacancy Number: DHSA-TKG-87-13
Position: News Producer (Radio Killid)
Organization: Development Humanitarian Services for Afghanistan
Duty Station: Kabul
Salary Range: As per company / Organization Salary Policy
Closing Date: Dec/13/2013
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Experience is preferred
Development and Humanitarian Services for Afghanistan (DHSA) established in 1992, the mission of DHSA is to redefine development in Afghanistan by promoting a dynamic and capable civil society as a means to foster local ownership of development, dignity and a peaceful & sustainable future for all Afghans.
Throughout the 1990’s, DHSA focused primarily on drawing strength from local knowledge and traditional relationships to fill gaps, caused by a weak national government and absence of public services. During this time, DHSA focused on activities such as water sanitation and irrigation, education, food assistance to drought affected populations, and rural rehabilitation, matching local know-how with the financial and political support from international aid agencies and donors such as EC, USAID, WFP, WHO, the UN, Canada fund/Care International and Novib.
The political changes brought by the Bonn Agreement in 2001 allowed DHSA to add development of civil society in Afghanistan – through its media, education and various community development projects – to its portfolio, in addition to humanitarian assistance.
To achieve its mission, DHSA presently operates five activities:
- Humanitarian Activities
- Public Media and Communication (TKG),
- Cultural Heritage
- Environmental Protection
Duties & Responsibilities:
Preparation and presentation of programs
- Presenting news in news bulletin
- Recording and filing of the Reports
- Sharing of the professional knowledge with other colleagues for their capacity building
- Regular attendance and obey the rules and regulation of office
- Participation in the daily news meetings.
- Struggle for his/her further capacity building in the relevant field.
- Follow up of news (Local, National and International)
- Any other duties assigned by the relevant supervisor
Bachelor degree in Journalism/literature from national or international universities or three years of experience in media/press.
- Computer knowledge specifically MS office, Win XP and Cool edit – pro.
- Understanding of local languages and knowledge of a foreign language preferably English.
Please mention the vacancy number in your application
Please submit your CV along with an application to DHSA-TKG office or through email.
House # 442, Street#6, Chardehi watt, Near to Uzbekha Masjid, Karta-e-seh, District#6 Kabul, Afghanistan
Muhammad Ajmal Aria