Vacancy Number: 002
Location: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan
Organization / Company Name: Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disables (MOLSAMD)
Job Category: Media-Journalism
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: as per NTA salary scale per month
Position Title: Media Adviser
Contract Duration: 6 months
No.of Jobs: One
Shift: 08:00am - 04:00pm
Experience: • At least Three years of relevant experience
Start Date: 01.28.2015
Expiration Date: 02.10.2015
Gender: Female / Male
Education: (Bachelors) in Communications
The Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) is the Afghan Government’s mandated responsible body to manage Labour Affairs; Social Protection, Social Welfare and policy development and service delivery for Persons with Disabilities, and families of Martyrs.
The General Directorate of Policy, Planning, External Relations and Monitoring & Evaluation’s mission is to identify, formulate, and monitor strategies, policies, plans, and programs throughout the ministry’s technical sectors. The General Directorate also manages and coordinates the Ministry’s relations with regional and international organizations, including donor coordination.
The MoLSAMD is the leading Government institution in the area of social protection, currently providing several social protection services to the vulnerable population.
Project to support extreme vulnerability and social protection national awareness raising campaign & creating a data base for vulnerable
MOLSAMD has received funds to implement, establish and launch an extreme vulnerability and social protection national awareness raising campaign; aimed at providing advocacy, and raising social awareness on the rights, condition and challenges of excluded segments of the Afghan society, namely children, women and persons with disabilities. Generating a positive change in social attitudes towards extremely vulnerable groups and individuals remains the overarching objective.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role of the Media Advisor will be to support the Programme Manager in the implementation of the project through developing internal and external relationships with stakeholders including the DoLSAMD offices in the 8 identified provinces.
She/he is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- To support the Programme Manager in liaising with the selected Media Agency.
- To provide technical support to the Programme Manager in overseeing the project.
- Ensuring the active engagement of MOLSAMD at all relevant meetings/forums related to the campaign.
- Follow-up on key outputs, including those listed above, to ensure that they are produced in a timely and participatory manner.
- Support the Programme Manager in overseeing the project in close collaboration with the selected Media Agency by providing information and coverage to social protection services undertaken by MoLSAMD, MoWA and other GIRoA agencies.
- Utilization of media interventions to facilitate linkages with existing mechanisms such as CPAN and other relevant organizations/CSOs etc. who have specific mandates related to child protection, women’s rights/and disabled members of the community.
- Identify and liaise with beneficiaries at community level of Humanitarian and Development project/programmes implemented by NGOs/CSOs; all relevant parties to the issue/key policy decision makers (Government (Central/Provincial/District), village leaders/Shuras/CDC representatives/Schools/Mosques…)
- University Degree (Bachelors) in Communications.
- At least Three years of relevant experience in the area of policy development and implementation (preferably social protection) or 8 years working experience.
- Relevant experience in communications/advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work responsively and proactively in a wide-ranging consultative manner, including civil society, NGOs, as well as Government.
- Fluency in local languages (Dari/Pashto) and sound knowledge of both written and verbal English.
Contact: 0093 (0) 0796 23 45 47
Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled MoLSAMD
1st Macroryan opposite 1st Macroryan Market