Minimum Education Level:
Afghanistan’s Peace & Reintegration Program
One year with possibility of extension
As per company / Organization Salary Policy
No. of Jobs:
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Key duties and responsibilities of Media Monitoring analyst include, but are not limited to:
· Monitor the Afghan and International media for APRP based stories/articles and other related news on daily basis.
· Document and report these stories/articles and other related news to Chairman HPC Chairman in consultation with Head of
Communication and Outreach Head on daily base
· Categorize the stories according to: i) Media Channel, i.e.; Print/Newspaper, Radio, TV, and Web), ii) Region/Area, and iii).Thematic Area.
· For each story, capture and record; the title, media source (radio, TV, Internet, etc), thematic area, Author (Person reporting the story), organization being quoted, date of story, and name of specific media.
· Establishment of data base of main country mass media
· Preparation and adjustment of the procedure to involve mass media in the
· Participation in the APRP activities for the purpose of preparing materials for mass media, if necessary
· Creation and maintaining the mailing list of APRP partners and interested parties to keep them aware of APRP activities
· Establishment of close cooperation between the APRP and the involved Stakeholders
· In Consultation with Head of Communications and Outreach plan and organizing major media and public outreach events on behalf of HPC and APRP
· Contribute as and when assigned for production, delivery and distribution of National APRP publications, printed programs and brochures.
· Support the Communication and Outreach Department with International and Afghanistan media engagements and organizing interviews
· Any other duties assigned by Head of Communication & Outreach Department Head
· Work under pressure to meet deadlines, establish priorities, and organize / handle a variety of projects simultaneously;
· Communicate effectively (written and oral) in Dari or Pashto and demonstrate a professional standard of spoken and written English;
· Demonstrate integrity at all times;
· Promote the vision, mission and strategic goals of the APRP;
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations within a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment;
· Demonstrate sensitivity and respect for cultural and ethnic diversity and possess the ability to form a coherent team;
· Identify and analyze requirements and needs for better implementation of the APRP;
· Demonstrate the ability to identify problems and provide sound recommendations to solve existing problems;
· Plan the task & perform the duties by coordinating with other team members;
· Prepare clear and concise high quality reports in English, Dari and Pashto (both oral and written);
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written);
· Remain calm in stressful or uncertain situations;
· Be dependable/ responsible and resourceful;
· Demonstrate knowledge in the principles of public communications, information and public relations;
· Demonstrate general knowledge and use of computer software (ie. Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel);
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
The vacancy is only open to Afghan Nationals.